Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Mom's Food Plan: Healthy Habits

This new lifestyle is helping me to create other healthy routines. I had already been brushing and flossing after every meal or snack which made it easier to not snack as much. Other good habits:

--In addition to reading the Book of Mormon and Bible on my iPad while eating breakfast I've added the habit of watching one General Conference talk as well. Since I am spending more time chewing this is a wonderful way to nourish my spirit at the same time. https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

--Do dishes and "put house to bed" earlier in the day so I can get to bed by 10. I used to do dishes late at night and go to bed at midnight or later.

--To reduce my stress level I've been spending much less time on Facebook, avoiding checking it in the morning, and avoiding following the news feed. I focus on my business posts and supporting certain people from church and autism groups.

--Having a lot of fun making jewelry with beads which is my treat to replace chocolate and baked goods. I'm really pampering myself in this area.

--Greatly limiting my contact with unhappy people and people in general. It's interesting that when I do this, my life becomes chock full to overflowing with happy, uplifting people.

--I get very overwhelmed with the idea of people and all of their needs when I go to a public place. Being an incredibly compassionate person, I am deliberately avoiding eye contact when I go out and try to pretend I am invisible. Having adrenal fatigue is giving me an excuse to do this. Again, awesome people who might need help but who also won't deplete me always find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment