Friday, July 15, 2011

Mini Turkey Quinoa Burgers

I got the idea to make these because Sam really used to like Ling Ling frozen potstickers with a filling made from chicken and cabbage, and I had leftover Chinese cabbage. These were an unexpected hit with my daughter who might not have tasted them if she knew beforehand what was in them! I don't normally cook with ground turkey because I don't like the smell but this frozen organic all white meat no skin product from Jimbo's was awesome.

leftover stir-fry vegetables (I had Chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, onion)
leftover caramelized onions
a couple of tablespoons cooked sweet potato (sweetness balances the cabbage)
cooked quinoa
sea salt
pepper
ground turkey
1 egg (or 1 tbsp. ground flax seed with 1/3 cup warm water)
olive oil

Grind the vegetables and quinoa with a hand blender, stir in seasonings, turkey, and egg. Form into mini patties or meatballs, fry in olive oil.

I made extra to freeze and also froze some uncooked patties.

My daughter asked to bring some in the car with her with some ketchup, on the way to Harry Potter 7.2! I haven't had a chance to tell her about the ground-up cabbage!


No comments:

Post a Comment