Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chick Pea Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties

I was trying to think of things I could make for Sam that he can feed himself, and the idea of making chick pea sweet potato quinoa patties came to me. I looked on the internet and discovered this is a common idea.

http://eatwellwithjanelblog.com/quinoa-sweet-potato-patties/#comments


Here's what I did. And let me say that if you have a hand blender you don't even need a food processor! Just put it right into the pan with the potatoes and mash them! And it worked great to mash up the chick peas as well.

1 can garbanzo beans, mashed
1 clove garlic
black pepper
fresh lemon juice
a few slices of onion
2 baked or boiled sweet potatoes
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 onion, sliced and caramelized in some olive oil

Puree everything except the quinoa and caramelized onions. Stir in the quinoa and some of the onions(?). Form into patties and fry in olive oil until golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment