Saturday, July 30, 2011

Coconut Raspberry Sweet Potato Sorbet

Sam LOVED this! It was not sweet enough for anyone who eats sugar every day, but surprisingly sweet, didn't taste like sweet potato, and was definitely sweet enough for Sam. This ingredient list is based on what I had already open in my fridge. I'm sure it would have been really delicious with a whole can of coconut milk.

Half a can of organic coconut milk (with pieces of coconut in it, not the light stuff)
Half a bag of organic frozen raspberries
1 cup cooked sweet potato (I keep baggies of this in my freezer)
1/2 cup water
vanilla bean (I didn't have but I bet it would be good)

Blend everything together with your must-have Cuisinart hand blender (or a regular blender if that's what you have). If mixture is still very cold, put it right into your ice cream freezer (mine is also a Cuisinart) and process for 15-20 minutes. If mixture is not cold, put in fridge for a couple of hours first.

No comments:

Post a Comment