Friday, August 16, 2013

Delicious GFCF Waffles! Or Flower-Shaped Pancakes:)



















I actually used ghee instead of oil in these but I'm sure you could just use oil to make them GFCF. Here is the original recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/classic-waffles/

2 cups Pamela's gluten-free flour mix
1 tsp. sea salt
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. organic white sugar
2 eggs
1.5 cups warm rice milk or other milk substitute
1/3 cup melted ghee, or oil
1 tsp. gluten free vanilla

Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs with other wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Cook on waffle iron until done.

Update: Today I didn't feel like dealing with cleaning the waffle iron so I made this in my quesadilla maker instead, which is was much easier to clean and made really cute flower-shaped waffles! The "petals" break off really easily.

I also used watered-down coconut milk from Trader Joe's as my milk substitute, and it worked great. You could probably try this with muffin batter, and make all kinds of variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment