Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vegan Pan de Yuca

http://veganandawesome.tumblr.com/

I used this recipe and rolled the balls out thin for small single-serving pizzas. Spray or brush with olive oil, bake on parchment paper at 500 for 6 minutes, then turn over and bake for 3-4 minutes, put toppings on and bake just long enough to melt the cheese.

2 1/2 cups of tapioca flour
2 cups of potatoes or yucca (your choice), cooked, and mashed
Salt, to taste (1 tsp)
1/2 cup of water
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of baking powder

My pizza-loving GF daughter loved this. I just microwaved chunks of potato in some water in a Pyrex container, mashed them into the water, stirred in the other ingredients with a little more water. I didn't measure the water precisely.

1 comment:

  1. I cooked it, 10 minutes, then added 5 more minutes, now 5-10 more
    They are raw inside
    Cocked at 350

    ReplyDelete