Friday, November 23, 2012

Gluten-Free Anadama Bread

This was my first successful loaf of gluten free yeast bread!! It was WAY better than the bread from the GF bakery. I followed the directions exactly, using Pamela's as my GF flour blend. 

As it was baking it rose really high, beautifully, but it collapsed by the time it was done. I think the cooling time in the oven was supposed to keep this from happening but something went wrong. I also scored the top to make it look pretty so that might have been a factor.

I will probably make this again but use more molasses and salt next time. I also won't dust the pan with flour--it doesn't look or taste good to have flour along the crust.

Note that the recipe requires a loaf pan that is 8"x4", which is not a mini loaf but smaller than what I consider to be a regular loaf pan.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the recipe. I created this recipe since I was missing the flavor of Anadama Bread after I went gluten free in 2010. Another way to make this bread is to make it into english muffins. Follow the recipe but instead of putting it into an 8x4 inch loaf pan grease 8 english muffin rings. Allow the dough to rise to top of the rings then bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes. Once baked allow to cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes before slicing. This freezes well. If you need rings you can order on Amazon they come in sets of 4 and they are not expensive ( the rings cost about the price of a package of english muffins, lol).

    ReplyDelete